When first starting out, WordPress can seem intimidating, especially if you don’t think of yourself as a technical person; your introduced to a new world of terminology and learning.
Perhaps your budget won’t allow you to hire a Web Designer or Developer, but you need to carve out your space in the online world. While there are many mistakes made when first beginning with WordPress, these are invaluable nuggets, I wish I had known before I began my WordPress journey many years ago.
In this presentation, you will learn common mistakes made by someone who is creating their website themselves so that you can avoid them, and if you have made these mistakes, I will show you how to fix them.
- The one thing you must have before you being working on your website and why if you don’t have this one thing, you’re already asking for trouble
- Discover some of the dealbreakers when it comes to WordPress.com and WordPress.org for your business
- How to make your URLs SEO friendly
- Why Microsoft Word is not your friend
- How to protect your website from the hacking gremlins
- How to avoid the constant theme changing bug